Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hi! I am the Paleo Runner Girl

Hi! I am Sally Anne. I have been a runner for the past decade. I have run numerous half-marathons and trained and ran marathons, as well. I have been a vegetarian for many years but just recently drank the "Paleo" Kool-Aid. After reading many books, listening to the awesomeness that is Everyday Paleo Podcast, I decided to give it a go! I have battled IBS and a whole host of intestinal issues over the past 5 years. I have tried every medication known to man, as well as a Gluten free diet. However, it has not been until now,  after removing dairy, gluten, and legumes--and added back meat, have I finally found relief--YAY! Hello Mr. Cow, it is time to become BFF's. I plan to continue running and loving life as a Paleo cavegirl! :) I run around 50 miles a week and so far the Paleo diet has been fueling me quite well. I am writing this blog to join the Paleo community and to prove to the many naysayers that you can be a Paleo Runner Girl (or Boy!).

No comments:

Post a Comment