Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wednesday Craziness

Every Wednesday I nanny for the entire day. Consequently, I have to pack up my paleo eats for the day. It is hard to predict what I will be hungry for at certain points of the day. I do my best to hit the basic nutrient components: Fats, Protein, and Carbs.

A perfect combination of all three will come in the form of a delicious avocado which I plan to eat with a salad comprised of romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and rotisserie chicken.

I pack the avocado separately and cut it up once I am hungry for lunch. I hate when they turn that murky brown color. For some reason I feel like I can taste the brownish/tan spots--I have a very sensitive palate. :)





When I am not teaching American Literature to apathetic college students, I watch 11-month-old twin girls. It is incredible to me how interested they are in trying anything and everything I put in my mouth. Right now they love to eat bits of my avocado. I literally scoop out little bites and they slurp them up! It is so stinking cute.

It is funny because I used to feel guilty when they begged to try my saccharin-laced non-fat yogurts. It made me realize that something is probably wrong if I am ingesting something I would NEVER feed to their pure digestive systems. That is the super cool aspect of eating Paleo--these are the foods you are literally BORN to eat!

Ok, mini-diatribe is over. Back to my eats:

For a snack I have a Jazz apple (my favorite!) with almond butter. I will probably have to bring an extra apple because the second the girlies see me bite into one they literally BOUNCE with glee. They are both teething and I have discovered that nothing severs as a better teething ring than a cold, peeled apple. It is truly baby crack. Gerber zwieback toast when you have nature's candy?

I have thrown an extra baggie of grape tomatoes and some cantaloupe in my Bag-o-snacks in case I get munchie. This should hold me until I am home for a very late dinner.

I have been a bit overzealous in the running department lately and have not taken a rest day in 2 weeks. Today I have decided to be sweet to my dear old muscles and give them a break. I will take the little ones on a stroller walk around the neighborhood, which is roughly 3 miles. A little Vitamin D is good for the soul. :) Plus, we may have to take a side trip to the swings. :)

Signing off for now....


PaleoRunnerGirl

1 comment:

  1. Haha I'm with you on feeling like you can "taste" the brown spots of an avocado. I usually put a little lemon on mine once I cut it so that doesn't happen :)

    ReplyDelete