Saturday, July 30, 2011

Quick Paleo Dinner

Many nights I do not get home until 7:45 PM. While I like to pretend that I am all "cosmopolitan" and enjoy eating a late dinner--it is a lie. I am all about the early bird special. Seriously.

Pre-Paleo fixing dinner when I arrived home was easy-peasy--throw some bread in the oven ( I NEVER used the toaster--I was an oven-toast aficionado), and add a side of Greek yogurt with honey--done and done. However, with Paleo eating, I try to do things a bit ahead of time.

For example, after doing my quick 7 mile run this morning, I got home and just started throwing Paleo goodness in an oven-safe dish:
1 summer squash (cut into slices)
1/2 vidalia onion (sliced)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash seasoning
6 boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
1/2 cup grape tomatoes

I literally threw this in a dish sprinkled it with the seasoning and cooked it at 375 F for 1 hour.

Sorry for the less than stellar picture. I literally took this 5 seconds before racing out the door for work.

Last night, I came home to dinner waiting for me in the fridge. It was SO yummy. So easy. So Paleo!

No comments:

Post a Comment