Sunday, September 11, 2011

Weekend Update

This weekend was a total Frugal Frog victory! I realize that our morale is high because it is just the start, but I will take it!

Friday, we did just as I planned and watched "Suits." 

On Saturday, we did not do any discretionary spending. We ran the most miserable race ever.  (Which I actually just found out that I was 9th overall and the 3rd woman finisher...however, this was a completely ABYSMAL race. By the 15th hill, I began walk/running which is 100% abnormal for me.)

After the race it would have been SO easy to stop for brunch on the way back from the race, as we had to travel an hour there and back, but Chase was a champ! He literally fled temptation and did not eat lunch until we got home. 

Saturday afternoon I did some grocery shopping at Price Rite. I adore grocery shopping. It is my happy place. I get giddy to try new things, which can be problematic on the pocketbook.

 Source

Price Rite is a market that has ridiculously good prices, however the selection can be hit or miss. I got out of there with the bulk of our week's meals accounted for spending a mere $23. Um, AWESOME! I made sure to stick to my list, which is something I am not always good at doing. 

Saturday night, Chase and I tag-teamed dinner. He was in charge of ambiance and I was the cook. 

I think he did a pretty nice job!

As suggested by the owner of the Bison farm, I cooked the bison burgers on the George Foreman grill (a remnant of my college days). It was seriously the easiest process ever--I greased it with a bit of coconut butter and cooked each burger for 3-4 minutes. For my burger, I added some sliced onion to the top and bottom. The grilled onion tasted insane combined with the sliced avocado on top of my burger!

We also had a salad and baked sweet potato fries. And let's not forget about the non-alcoholic wine. :) I actually only had one sip and then I realized it was totally flat--boo!

This dinner was so fun, incredibly delicious, and completely frugal! It tasted so much better than anything we could have ordered at a restaurant. 

Our Saturday night entertainment ended up being a lovely walk around our neighborhood. The weather was perfect and it was utterly relaxing. 

 Source

Today, the threat of thunderstorms prevented us from going on a nature walk with our "little brother." Instead, we went with Plan B and used a Groupon to go bowling.



For lunch, we took our little brother to Sam's. 

Source

He stinking LOVES that place. (His favorite activity is to travel around the store with Chase and collect the free food samples!). The total cost of lunch was $7. Not too shabby. 

Tonight, I will be diving into a bowl of delicious Paleo Pumpkin Chili (Recipe to come tomorrow!) and peruse my *Free* library loot!
Magazines, Chick-Lit, and DVD's.

Doesn't get better than that. By the way, I will never buy another magazine. The Bethlehem library seriously has every single magazine known to man!

Presently, we are watching "The Last Samauri" with Tom Cruise.

 Source

Does anyone else have trouble watching Tom Cruise now? Somewhere in between divorcing Nicole Kidman, jumping on Oprah's couch, and condemning Brooke Shield's for taking anti-depressants, I began to loathe him. 

What do you think of Tom Cruise? Do you love him, loathe him, or not care at all? 

7 comments:

  1. The bison burgers sound delicious. And congrats on your 10k finish! 3rd woman and 9th overall is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woot! A frugal frog win this weekend, AND an amazing race. Good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yayy pumpkin chili is awesome!!
    Nice job sticking with your plan and also being able to roll with the punches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bison burgers look scrumptious! I want to live next door, so I can mooch my dinner! :)

    Your effective "frugal frogness" puts me to shame! You go, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the frugal frog weekend!! Looks pretty successful to me :) and still fun!! I'm not really a fan of tom cruise anymore... he just annoys me. But I still love Top Gun. Always will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the frugal victory! I bet it feels great. :)

    I have never been huge fan of Tom Cruise. I love Top Gun and Mission Impossible 2 but I really could care less about him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone!!! Honestly, announcing it on the blog made me SO much more dedicated! Thank you for keeping me accountable, bloggy friends! :)

    ReplyDelete