Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Art of Play

When was the last time you played? 



I have been spending a great deal of time with these adorable one-year-old twinnies and they have re-taught me the importance of PLAY! 

Mark Sisson from Mark's Daily Apple underscores the importance of taking time to do "purpose-less" activities. When I was looking into the Paleo/Primal lifestyle I was absolutely stunned that a big part of it is PLAYING! Honestly, I think this is a discipline that many adults have to re-learn. I am such a Type A multi-tasker, that taking time to PLAY is actually hard. However, it feels so good to play hide-n-seek with these two cuties and actually BELLY laugh with glee. 

I challenge you to take 15 minutes out of your day today to PLAY. Find a playground and swing or go down the slide. Take time to read a silly children's book. Buy a tube of fresh play-do and have some fun squishing it between your fingers. I promise that it will make your day SO much better! 

Do you make time to "play"? What was your favorite thing to play as a kid. 

*To answer the last part of that question, I was BIG into barbies. I actually secretly played with them until 6th grade. I just loved all of the clothes!* 

2 comments:

  1. my sister and I completely made up games when we were little.. they were always the best! (looking back on it, they're a little weird, but that's what makes it fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I'm at home hanging out with my brothers we do tons of fun outdoor stuff. Last time I was home we played four square and added in fitnessy rules like pushups when you missed the ball etc. It was SO much fun. We bike and skateboard around too and just have a good time being outside. Living up at school its a little more difficult. We do go hiking and walking, and swimming but don't play like I wish I could. I need some ideas!

    ReplyDelete